The description is based on LG V series phone. Depending on the model name and the Android OS version, the setting name and screen may vary.
1. Include the 'GeoFamily' app in the 'Power saving exclusions' list.
You have to include the 'GeoFamily' app in the list of the 'Power saving exclusions' apps, if your Android OS version is Marshmallow (ver 6.x) or later.
2. Deactivate the 'Battery saver' setting.
3. Notifications Settings.
Phone Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications > Apps > Select the GeoFamily app on the apps list.
Always enable the 'On' and 'Service Status'.
4. Activate the data related settings.
Activate 'Mobile data' and 'Sync'.
Leave 'Power saving' disabled.
5. Activate other settings if necessary.
If you want to see your own location when viewing the map screen, activate 'Location'.
If you want to save money for data communication, activate 'Wi-Fi'.
If you want to view the map screen horizontally, activate 'Auto rotate'.
6. Always keep the Google Play Store up to date with the latest version of app.
Find the 'GeoFamily' app in the Google Play store and activate the 'Enable auto update' setting.
★ Click here for the information on how to set up your counterpart Tracker user's device.